Thursday, November 1, 2007

1st Anniversary

As you can probably imagine, work was absolutely insane today. It was during a very tense situation that I realized I actually had been doing this social work thing for a year...crazy. I NEVER intended to be anything other than a writer, but this has been one good year. Yes, there have been ups and downs, but it has been worth it to see little people succeed in school. And I am reminded just how desperate people really are who do not know Christ...it can get a little too real sometimes. But we have to do for people whether they may make a good decision or not, we have to give to them. We can't possibly know if someone is worthy of help, we don't have the power to pass judgment on a situation, but if we help them see that they have options and support then they will eventually acknowledge an alternative. Its difficult to give to people who sometimes think that the world is out to get them, but I'm so thankful that my job doesn't give me a choice in the matter. This job is completely about everyone else but me...I need to remember that.

Cue the "We Are the World" Music...It's Real!

No comments: