About a week ago, our friend, Chris Larsen posted this blog entry and it made me think...
What is my "Wonderful Life" List? Who would be included on it? For George Bailey it meant Harry, Uncle Billie, Mary, etc. And for me? Who are those people? It has been difficult moving to a different place, forming relationships and even having the motivation to make new friends. In the entry just before this one, I say in a round about way that I've struggled with even wanting to make new friends here...just good with what I've got I guess. And there's been so much change in the last few months that I don't really trust anyone. After losing Lita, I had difficulty trusting that God wouldn't take someone else away. It's only been with time that I am holding onto Jesus rather than man.
The past week has been filled with Christmas Party after Christmas party, lunch after lunch, and work. And I have to say that although I may had given myself reason to be reserved, even timid at times, I had to get out there and make new relationships. So here are the ones that make the top of the list (year after year):
Joshua (1 year - newbie...fantastic addition!)
Mom (27 years)
Lito & Lita (27 years)
Jenny M...formally Jenny T. (17 years)
Kim (17 years)
Dad (17 years)
Kari (20 years)
Megan, Kristin, Angelique, The band family, the Portico family, my new family. Just a word about the Portico family: I believe they are our outlet and confidants, our instructors, teachers, peers, and our friends. I love this church family so much and I believe they are my part of the Body of Christ. I appreciate all the photographer gals in the area with work and friendship. It is getting better all the time. We have "family" all over America and we are so blessed to love you all.
No comments:
Post a Comment