Its been a long while since my last entry. I decided to reprise my guest spot on this, my personal blog being that there is so much going on in our household now. Joshua is wrapping up his time at portico while still remaining faithful to honor his commitment. I cannot tell you how he inspires me to forgive and move on. Well, I should give credit where it is due, he continually reminds me of the gospel each day but he vowed to do so during our wedding ceremony. I am struggling to stay ahead of the curve when it comes to work. Business couldn't be better but I am wearing thin in stamina department. I am thankful and completely convinced that I would be driving myself (and Joshua) crazy with possible moving scenarios if not for the mountain of work that is on my desk.
If you are so inclined to journey with us through prayer, please consider praying for us on Wednesday, August 3. We have an interview with a ministry. Nothing is set in stone although thats not what most say. We are still trying to discern God's plan; we are apart of it, I'm sure. Would you please pray for our stress level in addition?
At this point in our story together, I look back and think that God has blessed us while showing his discipline. We have lived through some of our greatest fears (or mine) coming true. I am sad at the possibility of closing this chapter, moving from our first home, leaving behind our cgb family. But I am excited to work in a new capacity, let go of the apathetic. Each day has a new set of challenges and I believe we are equipped.
I feel tired thinking about this decision now, it has been hard to trust the people we looked to protect our interests. I know now that I should've only trusted God. The law of man seems to think that you can earn trust and that if people loved you, they wouldn't betray you. But the only thing you can count on is that everyone will eventually disappoint you except God. We should expect the humanity of our friends and family to come out. As followers of Christ, we are to be gracious and forgiving. Grudges don't nearly provide the example of the Gospel we wish they would. Forgiveness is a great mystery of God. It is a true gift that he bestows on us, we should give it more. Difficulty shows the cracks in our foundation and the fact that we will always be "in repair".
No comments:
Post a Comment