Wednesday, September 28, 2011

gluten, you make me sick...

As if there weren't enough life changes going on, we add to the list...maybe that was a little more dramatic than I intended. When we moved 4 weeks ago, I woke up one morning and realized that I was allergic to gluten. It was kinda like all clear. And you know...I was right. I am allergic to gluten.

I am not going hungry.  My entire family and good friend Sunni has helped to give me alot of solutions. The greatest thing is that Austin is an extremely health conscious city so I can basically eat anywhere. Fantastic. I'm not just limited to rice!

I've been struggling the last 3 years with a crazy amount of weight gain. Yes, its true. But it came out of no where...I hear that so many girls gain weight the first year of marriage but it happened after the second year and all at once. I went to a few different doctors asking for thyroid tests and other stuff. And it just happened to be gluten. I'm grateful for that because I'd been killing myself at the gym with no results. I even did p90x and the scales didn't budge. Anyways, I'm glad to not be crazy.

I have more energy than I've ever had and I'm seeing results. And I'm not starving myself (good things from a girl who really struggled with an eating disorder). We joined a gym this week so we'll see what happens. I hope to post a few gluten free friendly recipes each month. And they won't tast like crap. I promise you that! I also want to do a comparision for different gluten free products as well. Cheers!

No comments: