i suppose i haven't written in a while partly due to massive amounts of business followed by massive amounts of laziness. and so much has gone on in such a short time. both seek weekends were a success...thanks to all of the leaders and parents for making it all possible!
i've been thinking alot lately about events, ministry, and people...and all i want to see in all of them is Jesus...or the mind of Christ. What's happened to that being our focus? It's been a struggle for me to recognize it in my own life, but I think it is attainable to have the desire to think like Christ...surely God honors that. What is stopping me from being more like Jesus? Is it my knack for being a pretty great control freak? Is it my prideful attitude when it comes to recognition? Or is it my constant need to be validated by someone other than my family? And even after writing that, a small part of me still wants to hide out in the land of denial. But I still want to make it there, as much as God will allow me to understand.
i was in the car this evening on my way to core. and i thought to myself, self, you're exhausted! and then i heard the Lord respond immediately, you love me more than that. i will not allow you to miss out on an opportunity just because you are tired. And you know something...God was totally right. I love him enough to run myself into the ground for the kids i work with. I love God enough to be in the most desperate of situations and still serve him. i have to remind myself of this at times even though i hate to admit it. I thank Jesus that he gave himself as our example. It will always be about Jesus...and if it's not...then we're wrong.
No comments:
Post a Comment