Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Well, the trip to Louisiana was fabulous. I loved every minute and was so sad to go home. Although the distant is just for a season, I need to not look at it as an obstacle, but be instead as a positive. I want to enjoy every moment and the miles between us makes me acknowledge that.

I did have my first experience with Louisiana food and miraculously, I somehow lost weight last week. I finally ate at Copeland's for the first time! It was awesome. We ate corn crab bisque and blackened catfish with red potatoes. I also had crawfish, duck, and gumbo for the first time. Yes, it is a miracle that I lost weight. And there we desserts a plenty. I can't believe I was such a pig. I will probably do it all again though, but only in Louisiana.

It was just a great time to do life together for a while. There was nothing quite like driving through Louisiana listening to the Black Crowes and watching my aviator-wearing man sing along. Those types of snapshots are so good for my soul. I'm so blessed.
Birthday Cake!

Discussion of music
Joshua's mean face...I think its pretty cute :)
My Fave! He's so precious!

No comments: