Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My Friend Jen

Jenny is a girl that I grew up with in Texas City. We were fast friends from school and she has the sweetest family. We spent most of our time roller skating to Janet Jackson and dancing to New Kids on the Block. We were fierce. I lost touch with Jenny, but thankfully through myspace, we were able to pick back up again early this summer. I was so glad get reacquainted. She had an adorable hubby and little one! She was definitely there when Lita passed away and I am so thankful for her kindness.

On July 4th, Jen's dad passed away. It was a shock to everyone and heartbreaking news. The Martin family was so close and to have this happen was unfathomable. We were able to share our thoughts and prayers with her as well as updates from our friend Bex.

On October 7th, Jen's husband died. I don't even know how to believe it. I am so grieved for her and Parker. This 3 months has been hell for them. Please be in prayer as they process and put normal life back together. This is a horrible tragedy. I don't know quite how to help, but Josh and I will be there to visit with her family over the Christmas holiday. Please remember the entire Martin & Massey families today.

Here is a pic from way back in the day of the whole crew. Jenny has her arm around me.

1 comment:

Kristin Barnett said...

mmm...I think I've seen that bear costume somewhere before...