Monday, November 19, 2012

Thanksgiving

First, I feel the need to reintroduce myself! Its been a minute or two. The Grammon's have made the move to the thriving metropolis of Sherman, Texas. There are many things this town lacks, but friendships, truth, the Gospel keeps us from grumbling about the grocery store here. Joshua is serving at Legacy Bible Church. We are moving into our first building this December. It has been nonstop since we moved in September! What a blessing!

I felt the need to share a quick note with the holidays before us.  I know God made us different, special for the good of His Kingdom, but it at times seems to be a nuisance to us instead of teaching us mercy. We are met with discontentment in regards to state of our families around the holidays. The majority of "strong" "faithful" believers perceive ourselves as the minority...our relatives just don't get what is really important during this time of year. And we take a cue from Jesus and His Holy, Righteous anger and start turning over tables in the "temple" right after thanksgiving dinner.  I only type this because I am pretty much blessed with "holy anger" as a spiritual gift and no tact...at all. And the truth is, our families may not be there yet. And while we I am winded from the spectacle of calling people out, I leave little room for the grace (that I receive every minute) and the fruit the spirit that I know I have. And our time together (which is a complete blessing, just ask those who are missing loved ones) is tainted with our own christian/political agendas (sadly, pretty much the same thing in Texas) and it has NOTHING to do with Gospel.

So what would a Gospel-Centered Day of Thanksgiving look like for us? Grace would still be difficult to give, but equipped with the Spirit of God, all things are possible, right? And everyone has a difficult relative (it's me in my family....blah blah black sheep or so I think), but everyone longs /needs a Holy Love. So may our attitudes be that of Christ, that we could point people to God and model his behavior. It won't be easy given our humanity, but hopefully our families will be encouraged and open to a relationship with Christ this holiday. Here's to the Gospel proclaimed in our homes and hearts this season! God bless us with your wisdom!

Proverbs 16-18 (So much wisdom and redirection to be found)

From the heart of a most irreverent, non-religious girl...it is truly ironic I'm married to a pastor.

No comments: