Monday, August 25, 2008

Crafty Girl Olympics!

I don't think its a secret that I love crafts! Seriously, it's the only thing that relaxes me most of the time. Well, it seems that the crafty olympics begins earlier and earlier. I always make my sister's mums for homecoming. The little town where she lives is big into the Texas tradition and although they love to celebrate the weekend, they lack creativity. I happen to think she's a little more than ordinary and so I absolutely spend massive amounts of time planning and assembling. I had to get started a little earlier this year because of the wedding. I didn't want it to get lost in the shuffle. Anyways, here is a picture. I love it and wish I could wear it, but I have a new dress...
On that note...Jenna girl is starting her JUNIOR YEAR of high school. I don't believe it. I remember the day she was born and the day we met. I was wearing a turquoise shirt and she was wrapped in a white blanket with pink flowers. She was the only thing I'd ever wanted. And as sisters do, we have our ups and downs but she is jam up and I love her. We've come a long way from wrestling to the ground in the Eckerds drive thru pharmacy...we were locked out of the car...she started crying...i cried from laughing.

Jake is beginning intermediate school today...5th grade. This makes my heart hurt. I can remember his first birthday very well. He was born on a Friday afternoon. We all wanted a brother so badly. He has natural sarcasm...I would kill for that. He also thinks we should have dancing at the wedding. I think he has been practicing his napoleon dynamite. He will be 11 in a couple of weeks.

We are all growing up. I didn't ever think the day would come when we would all change so much and become a family of 6. It is going to be a great year!

No comments: