Saturday, September 13, 2008

STIR CRAZY!

Well, we made it through the night on pins and needles watching news footage & staying on the internet. So since Thursday, I've been talking with family to keep updated on their evacuations. I wish they were in Dallas, but my bro, sis, dad, and stepmom are in Brenham, Texas along with my aunt, uncle, grandma and cousins. I understand not wanting to be so far away from home. I do think my grandma's home survived...I hope so. I also think that my parent's house is not flooded in Texas City.

This storm has been a huge source of stress being that we are to be married in 68 days in Galveston. I believe that most of the wedding venues are all right, but I have my doubts on our beach house...I could be wrong. I will have people check it out for me next week. It has been a very emotional time for my family and for me. I hate to see my favorite place and childhood home go through so much. I have to admit that seeing the storm surges break over the seawall sent Mom & I into panic mode. I'm so glad that Josh was here to calm me down & Mom as well. We will still be married on November 22, hopefully in Galveston. I cannot take planning another wedding in 2 and a half months, but we will do what we have to do. The important thing is that Josh & I will be married and our families will be there. There is a plan B already in effect if needed. We will make it through!

Thank you for calling and checking on the family. Thank you for the prayers! I appreciate it so much. We are contact with everyone and hope to hear good news soon! This running from hurricanes business is getting a little old. We had to evacuate last week and Josh had to get out of the way this weekend.

Please pray for my friends Meredith & Chad as they have family in the Clear Lake area. Meredith's parents are safe in Shreveport. They have gotten bad flooding. I have yet to see neighborhoods in Texas City, but I pray for news soon.

No comments: