Sunday, September 14, 2008

Week / Weekend Wrap Up

Well, last week was absolutely amazing in regards to Monday through Friday. Josh and I took care of absolutely all of the wedding planning! Hooray! The only thing is waiting to see if everything will be there in Galveston. CRAZY! Anyways here are my favorite things about the week:
+Yogurtland aka Hello Kitty Land!
+The friendly folk at Banana Republic...a salesgirl hugged me over my rain boots and when I laughed she said I didn't need to patronize her and to own the hug. I'm so glad Josh was there to witness all of it!
+Baylor!
+Ninfa's...heaven a plate!
+Running into Darden on our walk through campus...Darden was in the middle of filming his documentary for PBS...he stopped to tell Josh that I am a great writer and that I have what it takes. It was one of the top 15 moments of my life!
+Talking about the CGB at Common Grounds...YAY!
+Shopping at SPICE & Congress!
+Super H Mart with the FAM!
+More Yogurtland
+Being Relaxed! Being Together!
+Cooking my first meal in my grandmother's kitchen...strange, but familiar...
+Apple Keynote = Apple Store Visit
+Pumpkin Spice Lattes! Thank you, Starbucks!

Not So Great things about the Week:
+the hurricane
+evacuating family
+keeping up with family
+choosing alternative wedding locations
+thinking through the possibility of planning a whole new wedding in 2 months...can you say elope?
+Josh leaving
+Missing Sydnee's Birthday Party...I will give her the bday present next weekend
+Worrying about my family's homes
+Worrying about other friends' homes

Silver Linings:
+A Handful of People have Offered their Homes as Alternative Locations for the Wedding and our church has offered to help in Galveston...even at my grandmother's house.
+News coverage showed no flooding one block away from my grandmother's house. Mom & I have hope!
+We are still getting Married! Hooray!

No comments: