Friday, February 15, 2008

5 Miles

Since the month of January & February were so crazy, it's been a while since I actually worked out. I'm not one of those people who feels bad about themselves because they didn't put in their time at the gym...life is way too short for that. I work out because I like it. Its a hobby just like reading. And since this was the first time I stepped on a machine in a long time, I anticipated putting in my 30 minutes and getting out of there. I pushed play on my ipod and ran and ran and ran. I couldn't help myself. And an hour after I started, I had run 5 miles. I've never run 5 miles...ever! And I felt great the entire time. I doubt that kind of thing will happen everyday, but it was awesome. I feel clear and rested. And now I can finally focus on next week at Baylor and what God desires in Mississippi. It is going to be an amazing week and I'm more than excited!

Here's a little something pray about: 4 girls driving from Little Rock to Mississippi and only one of us has done it before. I'm sure we'll have stories! We're 6 days out!

Update on my Grandmother: She has been to see a few specialists and the prognosis is excellent. She even had her hair done for the first time in a month. She's looking fabulous! And she gave me great-grandmother's handmade blanket for Valentine's Day! Amazing!

No comments: