Sunday, February 24, 2008

En Fuego

I have to start this by admitting the Goodness and Grandeur of The Creator and Father of all things. He found us where we were this weekend and moved us to action, repentance, and service. It is amazing that God can fight for us, carry us, and walk with us all at once and I was a witness. I would like to give concrete examples of what He has done, but they seem too general and I am still attempting to process them.

We witnessed the search for purity and holiness as well as recognizing the redemptive blood of Christ Jesus who saves us from the filthiest sin. We found that serving is the beauty that our hearts yearn in order for us to be more like Christ. We also encountered the need to share our deepest hurts in order to set others free from their struggles.

I now understand the Celebration of God's Comforting Presence in the most painful and heartbreaking situations. I understand the need to pray for wisdom and readiness to share The Gospel. I found that being a listening ear is better than all the compliments in the world. I learned to pray for the holiness and purity of the children that I haven't been entrusted to raise yet. And I realized that only good things come from The Fire although it will be incredibly difficult to endure.

No comments: