We spent time on the way with Jenny and attended her fabulous art show. I have the most talented friends.
And we were also able to stop and shop with Josh & Carrol Anne in Natchitoches. Mom LOVED it! I was just glad to see Josh! We'd been apart for 2 weeks...way too long. OH! JOSH FOUND MY NAVY SWEATS/SHORTS! It was the closest I've been to Christmas all summer! I got to swim with my nephew and niece, too and I did it in my clothes.
I went for the WOW factor because I thought they would think I was cool...it worked & we put some boogie in it! It was a great night! Oh and this is proof that my camera does take bad pictures if you don't know what you're doing.
We also were able to do Portico as a family! So great! Pretty sure Mom cried the whole time...don't know why, but she did. She later said that she was proud of him and that he is the BEST guy in the whole world. I can't argue with that. I just have to mention my future hubby's character. Seriously, he makes me examine my motives and heart every day. He has been through alot of changes in the past few weeks and he doesn't make decisions out of fear or attempting to fill a need to be in a band. He is resolved and confident in the Lord. He doesn't care if the next move is comfortable or not, our comfort level is low on the radar when fulfilling God's Will. And so the changes keep coming, but we have the promise of our Hope in God, family, and friends to encourage us along the way and we are going to do the right things especially since we desire for our new marriage to be an example at all stages...even being engaged.
So right now, we talk and pray about everything. We pray every morning and that means that I have to get up and talk to God before that so I am prepared to give God my best, but also give Josh my best. Our communication is only good when we are in a constant state of prayer. Yes, we are apart, no, its not ideal, but we have the comfort we need. We always will. I am just so proud and honored to do life with this man who brings out the best qualities in me and also makes me work hard on the weaknesses. He is a wonderful leader and it is no coincidence that others notice that. I'm jumping off my soap box now, but I'm one blessed chica.
The visit was a complete success and I LOVE LOVE LOVE my family and hubby!
2 comments:
When will I ever stop making ridiculous faces at your camera??? Probably never. I will just suffer the humiliation and keep going. I like making faces too much to stop.
Haha, I love how you got my mom looking at me wanting to smack me. Great picture.
Post a Comment