Well Friends, I'm writing from a surprisingly comfy hospital bed in my grandmother's room at Medical City Dallas. She is doing well and getting stronger everyday. I am pleased to right this update using a fabulous wireless signal as well! Gotta Love that! It has been a slow process of recuperation after the surgery on Monday to remove her colon cancer. She had a crazy Tuesday night, too. The doctors would only describe it as a cardiac event, but they later told my mom that she went into cardiac arrest. Regardless of what it was, Lita did not suffer any more damage to her heart, but her kidneys are not doing too hot. I guess they are just trying to recover from the surgery. They have taken her off more medication today and she has been sitting in a chair for most of the afternoon. She did demand a footstool/ottoman and they were nice enough to find one for her. Lita looks pretty fantastic. I've always thought she is really beautiful and she is coming around. She is sleeping a ton, but she has not suffered any pain from the surgery.

And her bed is moving now! It freaked me out the first time it happened, but its all good. And my Lito has just asked for an Ipod for his feet...we don't know, but i'm trying to google what he wants. He doesn't really know what it does. I'm getting right on that. He just suggested the F-Pod...Yeah...too funny!

Please pray that she can eat soon. All she can have is ice chips right now and that just won't do. Please pray for my granddaddy and our extended family as we take turns coming up to the hospital next week. Please pray for mom as she is out of town next week on business and for me as I fill in for her and try to take care of my granddad. We are very optimistic as a family and continue to trust that the Lord is glorified and working for the good!
1 comment:
Hello friend! I am so glad she is doing better!!! Yeah, when Nana had this surgery the ice chips drove her nuts! She wanted FOOD!
Post a Comment